Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Katie Marie....8-27-02

Photobucket


6 years have flown by...

It seems like yesterday we were reluctantly and unwillingly posing in our long, black gowns, trying not to laugh as the oooohs and aaaaahs were followed by bright flashes of light.  "You'd think we were celebs, for fucks sake," you whispered to me.  I almost choked.  It was perfect.

Or how about a few years earlier....matching bikinis on the sandy beaches of Florida.  A week of sand, sun, and hottie tottie baseball players!  We were in heaven!  Belly button rings, Jeep Cherokee, baseball games, annoying brothers and sisters (and parents!), sneaking sips of alcohol, giggling like school girls.  It was perfect.

So many memories, yet the words just won't come.  I can still hear your laugh.  I can still feel your hug.  I can still see you running around flashing everyone.  You sure did love your boobs....as did everyone else!!  I still hear it every now and then....."Damn, Katie had huge boobs!"  I just shake my head and laugh...and sometimes say, "Yeah, she knows."

Not a day goes by that I don't think of you.  At least I can smile now, instead of fighting back the tears, and for that I am thankful.  The memories you gave me will never be erased, the laughter we shared will never be replaced.  You will forever have a place in my heart, KTA.  To me, you will forever be perfect.

6 years have flown by.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember learning how intensely you were grieving and know that a long time passed before that grieving lessened. I'm happy to read that you can now smile when you think of Katie. Love, gma-m

Find me here, and speak to me
I want to feel you, I need to hear you
You are the light that's leading me to the place
Where I find peace again.