Sunday, August 24, 2008

H-A-T-E

hate, hat·ed, hat·ing, noun
–verb (used with object)
1. to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest: to hate the enemy; to hate bigotry.
2. to be unwilling; dislike: I hate to do it.
–verb (used without object)
3. to feel intense dislike, or extreme aversion or hostility.
–noun
4. intense dislike; extreme aversion or hostility.
5. the object of extreme aversion or hostility.


Never before have I felt this much hate for someone. In fact, I don't think I've ever hated anyone. But now....

It's such a strong word....definitely not one to be used lightly. And in my case, lightly is definitely not how it is used. The pain and distress I feel because of him is unbearable, indescribable, incomprehensible. His misery is propelling the misery of others; not just myself, but my friends and family, those closest to me. His threats, while more than likely empty, are degrading and humiliating. As I have been told numerous times by those "closest" to him, he is a miserable person, always has been, and he is not willing to live alone in this misery. It is now his goal to make everyone around him just as woeful as he. Pathetic...

What a waste of nearly three years of my life. While many may question this statement, I can honestly say that most of the time spent with him was spent unhappy and unsatisfied. Of course, I always put a smile on my face, as I am doing now. But hidden underneath the surface was resentment, melancholy, and solitude. A world of anger and sadness. Money, drugs, depression...the staples of HIS life....the dolor of MINE. Why did I stay? Why did I let him affect me in this way? At first, it was because I had hope that he'd one day straighten out his life and together we could make an amazing world for the two of us. As this idealism faded, I tried several times to escape, each time to no avail as he would threaten not only me, but my family, my friends, my pets, all in all my sanity. I suffered in order to protect my loves. Noble, huh?? Yeah, not so much....

So, here I am. Obviously, I finally found the strength to leave. And while I continue to be haunted by him, I know it will all go away....hopefully sooner rather than later.

Fortunately, I have found happiness elsewhere.....


Photobucket

No comments:

Find me here, and speak to me
I want to feel you, I need to hear you
You are the light that's leading me to the place
Where I find peace again.