Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Little Man

Welcome to this world, little man.
Open your eyes, open your mouth,
Let out a scream as loud as you can.
Ten tiny fingers, and ten tiny toes,
An amazing, healthy boy...just as planned.
A world full of love, joy, family and friends,
This is the place where it all began.
Learn to walk, learn to talk,
We'll lead you through life, hand-in-hand.
We'll watch you grow, we'll watch you succeed,
We'll watch you develop your master plan.
Baseball, football, soccer, track,
Whatever your choice, we're your biggest fans.
Doctor, lawyer, teacher, artist,
These are all a part of a grander plan.
Father, brother, son, friend,
Remember what's most important throughout your life span.
One more time, from me to you,
Welcome to this world, Little Man.

CJH 9/02/08

No comments:

Find me here, and speak to me
I want to feel you, I need to hear you
You are the light that's leading me to the place
Where I find peace again.